INSPIRATIONS

Image result for lightbulb gif

FEBRUARY 2019

• Beautiful ~ Eminem 

“I took my bruises, took my lumps, Fell down and I got right back up”

This song in itself is so beautiful and vulnerable. It inspires me to stay true to myself, and embrace the hardships and brick walls in my life. It’s all part of my journey and without those experiences I wouldn’t be who I am today. It’s the falls that allow us to grow and become stronger. Especially as the end of my high school years are creeping closer, it’s been very stressful lately, but I’m becoming more consistent now to keep reminding myself to accept those moments and turn it into a learning opportunity.

• J.K Rowling 

“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that.” 

This quote was given to us during creative writing, and I personally resonated with it a lot. I feel that it’s so important for us to maintain a balance in your life with school/work and “fun”or creativity. That’s something I will continue to work on and develop everyday in myself, because if you fall too much on either side, it can be damaging. I want to be able to create that stability within my life and still be in a peaceful space.

MARCH 2019

• Symbolic Journey

For me, doing the symbolic journey for the first time was a fun and enlightening, but peculiar experience. I didn’t know what to expect or if I should believe everything that came from it, but it did further my curiosity and made me wonder/ re-evaluate my life every now and then. My personality, my choices, my views.  It helped me to reflect and see my perceptions in a unique way. I personally love doing things like this, and exploring beyond what our mind is capable of seeing. In university, I want to pursue psychology and this activity further assured me of why I was passionate of pursuing it in the first place.

• Secret Daughter ~Shilpi Somaya Gowda

She was raised to believe her gender didn’t have to handicap her aspirations.”

This quote comes from the novel I’m reading. It’s told from the perspective of a traditional Indian woman who felt suppressed and constrained to these old cultural ideals and standards that were set, for women. I find this quote very inspirational because now, as a female living in the 21st century, our opportunities and freedom has expanded so much. It just goes to show how much the world and society has evolved. Even though we still got a long way to go, it reminds me to be grateful for the reality that I’m in today. More choices. More Diversity. More happiness.